Dec 01, 2015 · Good thing you asked! The answer is, as usual, "it depends." Around 2000, Chrysler (Iike several other manufacturers), switched from the regular yellow-green ethylene glycol coolant to a new type called "HOAT" - Hybrid Organic Acid Technology.
Damping coefficient units
- Mar 01, 2008 · Hi, The heat in my s4 was acting up. Blowing luke warm air at best. My dad, who is an ASE Master tech and was a shop supervisor at an Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Benz dealership for 15 years (now a tech school teacher) did a coolant system flush in my car (an easy inexpensive job that may solve the problem).
- Car Talk Community. Car advice, tips, troubleshooting, and answers to your car questions.
2009 passion, what kinda coolant do i use? is there a certain type? or is it just the right measurement? ( like 50/50, 60/40, etc ) my coolant is WAY under the minimum fill point, i needa just go to walmart or autozone to pick this up and fill 'er up!
- Antifreeze Volume and Temperature Rating - Freeze protecting cooling systems - temperature rating vs. required amount of antifreeze Comparing Secondary Coolants - Specific gravity, freezing points and viscosity for secondary coolants like calcium chloride, sodium chloride, ethylene glycol and propylene glycol
Mahle LX804S set of 2 air filters. Fits: C Class 2001 – 2012. CL Class 2000 – 2012. CLK Class 2003 – 2009. E Class 2003 – 2011. GL Class 2007 – 2012
- 2001 2006 BMW X5 Radiator Coolant Upper Water Hose 1531436375 OEM. $39.93. ... we substitute/refund damaged or lost product at the time the insurance claim is paid.
Aug 23, 2018 · The short answer is yes. Below is a very handy chart showing the different rated BMW engine oils, their intended uses, and any suitable substitutions. For example, it is perfectly acceptable to substitute a brand rated BMW LL-04 in any vehicle that specifies BMW LL-01 (but not the other way around).
- When there's a low coolant level in the coolant passages, the exposed cast iron rusts. Apparently, that rust is washed away later by flowing coolant, and is deposited in the heat exchangers. It eventually produces the rust powder problems that have been so widely observed (see Motor's August 2002 issue at www.motor.com).
Oct 02, 2020 · Propylene glycol It is used as a substitute for ethylene glycol because it is less toxic. This has led to its use as an anti-freeze compound in various consumables such as ice cream or processed foods. Propylene glycol oxidizes when exposed to air, and other compounds are used with it to prevent corrosion of metal parts in the engine.
- Automotive antifreeze has traditionally been GREEN. This is still the predominant color of antifreeze used. This antifreeze lasts an average of 40K miles. An ORANGE antifreeze known as Dexcool is recommended for extended drain intervals (5 yr/150k miles). YELLOW also is an extended drain automotive antifreeze for Ford/Chrysler (5yr/150k) GO5.
The 1991 318i and all newer BMWs use aluminum components in the cooling system. When replacing the coolant, do not use regular coolant. You must use a coolant that has no nitrites and no phosphates. Pony up and spend $20/gallon on the BMW coolant from the dealer.
- Jun 20, 2007 · Hybrid OAT coolants are currently used by many European vehicle manufacturers (BMW, Mercedes & Volvo) as well as Ford and Chrysler. Toyota adds some phosphate to their hybrid. The new universalcoolants use unique OAT-based corrosion packages with proprietary organic acids (such as carboxylate) to provide broad spectrum protection.
<p>Have you noticed that the BMW service light is still on after already taking care of the issue? or select -, 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Sunday hours are only applicable to the last 2 Sundays of the month). </p> <p>Note When maintenance service is due, the Service minder will appear on the display. Press and hold it until the service message appears. For example: A loose gas cap, a stuck-open ...